Saturday, February 06, 2010

Unmitigated Gall

The Archbishop of York, John Sentamu, declares Anglicans who become Catholics via the Apostolic Provision will not be "proper" Catholics (from the BBC):
If people genuinely realise that they want to be Roman Catholic, they should convert properly, and go through catechesis and be made proper Catholics. This kind of creation [the Apostolic Constitution] -- well, all I can say is, we wish them every blessing and may the Lord encourage them. But as far as I am concerned, if I was really, genuinely wanting to convert, I wouldn't go into an ordinariate. I would actually go into catechesis and become a truly converted Roman Catholic and be accepted.
Uh huh, sure. Whatever you say, Your Grace, but I think Rome speaks with more authority on that subject than you do.

(Thanks to JB.)

No comments: