Friday, April 17, 2009

À la recherche du temps perdu

I am indebted to reader Banished Child of Eve for sending a link to an intensely serious website calling itself Catholic Nuns Today. It's living history in a way, offering a peek into the rapidly vanishing world of post-conciliar, lefty-activist vocations (I wonder if they have an annual picnic and softball game with these quaint souls).

The site is loaded with FAQs, found on every page, so to spare my inquiring readers undue and tiresome clicking, I have posted a selection of those questions, along with my own modest attempts at answering them.

  • Why don't I see you in the hospitals and schools like (sic) in the old days?

  • Good question. You might stick your heads into one of those places and ask if they could use a hand.

  • Where have all the habits gone?

  • Young girls ditched them, every one.
    When will they ever learn?
    When will they ever learn?

  • Do you give up having fun?

  • How can a girl not have fun butching it up and smashing imperialism?




  • Is there a role for women religious today?

  • There is indeed and you should definitely look into it.

    No comments: