Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Change of Pace

Vespers-Divine Liturgy (Mass) in celebration of the Ascension of the Lord, celebrated at St Michael's Chapel (Russian Catholic of the Byzantine Rite). St Michaels is situated in a building on the grounds of the Old St Patrick's Cathedral on Mulberry Street in lower Manhattan, in a former nunnery, I believe. I assume I will fulfill my obligation by attending this service but will consult with Professor William Tighe (with whom I am attending) about it. I understand he is rather knowledgeable on matters like these.

I have attended Russian rites before (both Orthodox and Catholic) and my experience was like those who first experienced it centuries ago: "we knew not whether we were in heaven or on earth."

1 comment:

Inigo_Hicks said...

So, how was it?