Tuesday, September 27, 2011

There are Still Old-Fashioned Protestants in Northern Ireland

From the Independent:
A music video shoot proved too raunchy for a farmer, who called a halt to filming on his land over the singer's "inappropriate" attire.

The Bahamian pop star Rihanna stripped down to a red and white bikini top and jeans in a barley field near Bangor in Northern Ireland on Monday, prompting landowner Alan Graham to intervene.

"I realised things had got to a stage which were not acceptable to me," said the 61-year-old, who holds strong Christian beliefs. "Things became inappropriate and I asked the film crew to stop."
And they did, to their credit.
Mr Graham said he had not heard of Rihanna, 23, before her representatives requested the use of his 60-acre farm at Clandeboye.

"Someone explained she was as big as it gets as far as pop stars were concerned," said the father of four. "I am a bit illiterate about those issues."
You and me both, pal. Isn't she the one with a no-good-bum boyfriend who gets his jollies whacking her?
He hoped the singer understood where he was coming from.

"We had a conversation. We shook hands and parted company on good terms.
He seems like a decent chap.
"I wish no ill will against Rihanna and her friends. Perhaps they could acquaint themselves with a greater God."
'Twould be nice but I wouldn't hold your breath, sir.

No comments: